Often when we think of remodeling, we look at the inside of our homes. Maybe the kitchen needs to be gutted or a bathroom updated. Could it be time to finally finish that basement? With spring in full bloom and summer around the bend, looking outside your home is a great remodeling opportunity. Adding square footage to your home at a fraction of the cost of interior remodeling is a great investment. Living in a warm climate means that space can be utilized almost all year round. But where do you start and what should you consider when looking at outdoor remodeling?
When considering outdoor remodeling on your home, ROI, or return on investment, is an important factor. Certain home projects produce higher ROI, meaning the increase in the value of your home is worth the cost of the investment. Increased equity value in your home can equal or even surpass what you have paid for renovations. Those are the types of projects you want to consider. This often relates to what buyers are currently looking for in the housing market. But even if you aren’t thinking of selling your home in the near future, choosing projects that increase your home value is the best way to go. When looking at outdoor remodeling, here are some ideas to consider.
- Retaining Wall – Issues with hills and slopes in your yard can be a nightmare. The good news is a retaining wall can end those headaches and look beautiful at the same time.
- Outdoor Patio – Adding square footage is easy when you add a patio off your kitchen or living room. French or sliding doors bring light inside and the outdoors in.
- Outdoor Kitchen – Increase the functionality of your outdoor remodeling project with a built-in grill, sink, pergola, prep area, and mini fridge. You’ll never want to cook indoors again.
- Fireplace or Firepit – A stone masonry fireplace not only creates a beautiful focal point for your outdoor area, but it provides a cozy place to gather for any occasion. Plus s’mores; need we say more?
- Custom Additions – It’s all in the details. Stamped custom concrete, columns and pillars, stone accents and custom planters or garden beds will make an outdoor remodeling project unique. Put your personal flair on your space with these special features.
How to get started on an Outdoor Remodeling Project
Now that you have many great ideas forming in your head, planning is the next step. Thinking through a project is crucial. Where is the best access location to an outdoor space in your home? What about your yard? Do you still want green space and where? How about sun exposure, shading, and trees when considering custom planters or garden beds? Many factors go into the process. When you use a quality design-build contractor with years of experience, they can provide real world factors to consider. ContractorMen can offer recommendations and guide you through the whole process. Not only will you increase your home value, but also your quality of life. Call (404) 801-5656 today to learn about all that ContractorMen can do for you!